We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, and we should adhere to its principles in the education of our children.
God has revealed to us through His Word that the primary responsibility for the education of children rests with their parents. (Deut. 4:9, 6:7, 31:13, Ps. 78:6-8, I Sam. 3:13 and many more.) Further, it is our conviction that an education ignoring God and His Word, and purporting to be neutral, can be only fragmentary, and morally and spiritually powerless.
Calvary Baptist Academy will offer the regular course of study but with instruction from a Christian viewpoint. We are interested in the establishment of good habits and right attitudes spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
Since Calvary Baptist Academy is a Christian school, we believe that the training process includes definite spiritual education that will enable pupils to grasp basic Christian philosophies and responsibilities. The training of students is regarded as the joint responsibility of the home, the church and the school.
Some of our specific goals are:
- Bring each student to a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Promote daily study of the Word of God.
- Encourage by precept and example a personal commitment and surrender to the will of God through the operation of His Holy Spirit.
- Develop the student’s intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual and social capabilities as much as possible in order that these abilities might be used to glorify God.
- Instill a high moral standard and disciplined life in our student.
- Teach true patriotism as it is taught in the Word of God.
As a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Academy exists to assist parents in training students for a life of service, defense of the faith and obedience to God’s will for their lives through academic excellence in a Christ-centered educational environment.
To be a leader in Christian education in mid-Michigan, developing servant leaders who impact the world for Christ,
Recognized for the following:
- Quality of our Staff & Facilities
- Excellence of our Academics & Christian Character Development
- Service of our Students & Graduates
Our Core Values
1. Biblical Worldview: We are committed to integrating Biblical truth into all areas of the curriculum and school program because the Bible is the final authority for the Christian relating to matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16; Romans 1:20, 12:2)
2. Academic Excellence: We are committed to providing a quality learning experience that engages students and equips them to reach their full potential for life in Christ. (Luke 2:52)
3. Partnership: We are committed to collaborating with parents and the church to enhance each student’s character, learning, and development. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Proverbs 22:6)
4. Character Development: We are committed to being like Christ by demonstrating personal integrity, sacrificial love and respect for others. (John 13:34, Titus 2:7-8)
5. Servant Leadership: We are committed to developing effective leaders with a heart for service who use the gifts God has given to them to impact their family, school, church, community, and the world for Christ. (Matthew 20:25-28; Philippians 2:5-7)
6. Outreach: We are committed to presenting the message of Jesus Christ to the world so that we can be used by God to reach the lost and impact our society for Him. (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19-20)
7. Stewardship: We are committed to the responsible management of the time, human resources, and materials entrusted to us by God. (Matthew 25:23; I Corinthians 4:2)
The basis of Calvary Baptist Academy and all of the programs which it operates is the infallible Word of God (the Bible) as interpreted in the Confession of Faith of Calvary Baptist Church of Midland, Michigan. The Confession of Faith in full may be secured from the school office. A brief summary of the articles are as follows:
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons– Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal, pre-millenial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the prominence of the local and visible church, baptism by immersion for believers and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.