|MUSIC VALUES||WHAT WE OFFER||LESSON POLICIES||REGISTRATION & PAYMENT||RESOURCES|
| Required Parent Participation |
Parental involvement is crucial to the success of a young child taking music lessons.
Parents’ attendance at lessons is encouraged but not required. Please consult with your teacher about being in attendance at lessons.
For all private music lessons, a parent’s availability at home is vital. At home, parents are the key to help, support and encourage the child to practice. Having a quiet place to practice and one that is monitored by the parent is invaluable toward having a successful year of music lessons.
| Required Student Participation |
- It is the student’s responsibility to remember their lesson time and to bring all their materials to the lesson.
- In order to maintain healthy musical growth and achievement, regular practice of assigned lesson material is expected of all students.
- A log of daily practice time is recommended for each student.
- Students who do not practice on a continuing, regular basis may have to forfeit lessons or be asked to terminate lessons. Students terminated due to lack of practice are still responsible to pay all fees for the entire contract period.
- All students should plan to attend the student recitals as scheduled.
| Missed Lesson Policy |
- Due to scheduling constraints, if a student misses a lesson for ANY reason, the teacher is not required to make up that lesson. However, to maintain continuity, most teachers will make a reasonable effort to reschedule the lesson.
- If a teacher misses a lesson for any reason, it is expected that the teacher will rescchedule the lesson at a mutually agreed-upon time.
- If a student misses a make-up lesson at an agreed-upon time, the lesson is forfeited and will not be rescheduled.
- If a teacher needs to miss a series of lessons, the teacher must notify students in advance of the absences and the make-up schedule for lessons.
- Occasionally, it is not possible for a teacher to make up all of the lessons that will be missed. In these cases, students are informed of this and are charged for fewer lessons (i.e. 12 instead of the usual 15 in a semester.
- If a teacher becomes ill or incapacitated during the semester, another teacher may be assigned to the student.
- Refunds are NOT given for missed lessons except in the following situations:
- For documented medical reasons (emergency, serious illness, etc.)
- Extenuating circumstances (family emergency, moving out of town, weather, etc.)
- Requests for refunds/withdrawals must be made in writing. Please discuss any such situations with the director.