Philosophy for Fine Arts Program:
We acknowledge that all humans are image bearers of God and are therefore called to create. Students at CBA are taught to evaluate content, recognize quality, and appreciate ability when exposed to various forms of art. They are also trained in the skills and techniques that allow them to produce meaningful works that edify God and communicate meaning to their audience.
Essential Questions for Fine Arts:
- What is art? What is quality?
- How do the elements and principles of art shape the work?
- Who are artists that teach and inspire us?
- Why create?
- What makes art an essential part of life?
- How does your Christian faith affect how you produce and study art?
- How does your role change as you are: creator, performer, viewer?